Pyrolox Filters for Iron, Sulfur & Manganese Reduction with Fleck Control Valves
A Naturally mined ore, Pyrolox is a mineral form of manganese dioxide which has been used in water treatment for more than 75 years. Pyrolox is a granular filtration media for hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese reduction. Pyrolox functions as a catalyst, but itself remains relatively unchanged. Pyrolox works on a principle whereby the hydrogen sulfide, iron and manganese are oxidized and trapped on the media while simple backwashing cleans the bed. No chemical regeneration is required, nothing is imparted into the drinking water and Pyrolox has a high capacity for low contaminant concentrations. Pyrolox can be used in conjunction with aeration, chlorination, ozone or other pretreatment methods for difficult applications. Chlorine or other oxidants accelerate the catalytic reaction. Request A Quote »
A mined ore, Pyrolox effectively reduces iron, sulfur and manganese from problem water.
- Protect downstream equipment
- Effective reduction of iron, sulfur and manganese
- Durable material with long service life and low annual attrition of bed
- No chemical regeneration required, only periodic backwashing
|Multi-Media Filter Model No.*||Flow Rate** (gpm)|| Back Wash Flow
|Volume of Resin (cu.ft.)||Resin Tank
|Fleck Valve||In/Out Conn.||Approx Ship Weight
|Total (Incl. Underbed)|
Ordering Notes:*Pyrolox filters are available with several options of valve voltages. Please add the appropriate voltage code to the end of the model when ordering.
- 110v/60Hz = 116 Example: W-MFI1665P-116
- 220v/60Hz = 216 Example: W-MFI1665P-216
- 220v/50Hz = 215 Example: W-MFI1665P-215
**5 gpm per sq. ft. of media is the best design condition for filtration. Backwash flow rate based on 25 psi pressure drop.
Skid mounting, control panel and custom sizes and configurations are available upon request.
AMI Auto Backwash Carbon Filters are offered standard with new state of the art electronic programmable valves as well.
|Pyrolox Iron Backwash Filter with Optional SS Jacket||Skid Mounted Commercial Media Filter||Custom Industrial Media Installation|
- Fully automated with Pentair Fleck brand electromechanical control valve
- High quality FRP/Composite Resin Tank, rated at 150 psi maximum operating pressure and 120°F maximum operating temperature. (Optional stainless steel jackets are available for 9”-16” diameter tanks upon request.)
- Backwash: Time Clock Delayed (Metered, pressure-differential & PLC-controlled options are available upon request.)
- Pyrolox Operating Conditions: pH: 6.5 - 9.0; Because of its heavy weight, it is very important that Pyrolox filters are backwashed properly to insure adequate bed expansion and continued service life.
- Manufactured in our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Facilities
- Backed by our Experienced Technical Support Staff
- Removal of Iron, Sulfur, and Manganese from a Water Stream
- Whole-House Water Filtration
- Water Filtration for Hotels, Spas, Resorts
- Pretreatment to RO and other Water Treatment Systems
- Food Processing
- Spot Free Rinse/Car Wash
- Rinse Water
- Bottled Water
- Ice Maker
- Replacement Control Valves
- Replacement Resin Tanks
- Replacement Tank Components
- Replacement Pyrolox Media, Sand & Support Media
Optional Equipment: Stainless Steel Jackets (Add-On)
Stainless Steel Jackets are available for 9” to 16” Diameter Pyrolox Iron Filters. To include a SS jacket with your Pyrolox filter, please add the appropriate part number below to your RFQ or order.
|Model No.||For Tank Size|
|A950-940||9" × 40"|
|A950-1054||10" × 54"|
|A950-1252||12" × 52"|
|A950-1354||13" × 54"|
|A950-1465||14" × 65"|
|A950-1665||16" × 65"|
- Pyrolox Iron Filters with Electronic Programmable Control Valves
- Manganese Greensand Iron Filters with Fleck Control Valves
- Carbon Filters with Fleck Valves
- Multi Media Sediment Filters - for sediment removal with Fleck Control Valves
- Single Water Softeners with Timered Fleck Valves
- Single Water Softeners with Metered Fleck Valves
- Twin/Alternating Water Softeners with Metered Electronic Valves
for a quote or for any additional information
or call us at 1.800.321.9321